How To Build Your Online Store [Infographic]
One of the most common questions we get at Sunlight Media LLC is: How do I set up an online store? There are so many platforms out there that tout their ease of use and quick setup process, but invariably you will find that there is still a lot of planning and work that needs to go into launching an ecommerce website on the Internet, and if you’ve never done it before, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed.
That’s why Sunlight Media LLC is here to help you. We put together this infographic so you can understand better what it’s going to take to build your website and start selling your products on the Internet. This step-by-step approach covers the entire process at a high level.
Top 7 Online Store Optimization Tips
- Choose Your Platform – there are a lot of content management systems that can handle selling online, but how do you know which is really going to best for you?
- Ensure Brand Consistency – this is vital from the get-go. If you don’t have a defined brand, now is the time to start building one.
- Prepare Your Products – you’ll need to categorize your products, figure out your shipping weights and sizes, which shipping options you want to give people, your product photography, and product descriptions.
- Know Your Tax Info & Payment Gateways – it’s really important to make sure you’re following all your local tax laws before you start selling, and you’ll need to determine the best way to get paid (and how your users will be paying you).
- Optimize Your Checkout – if a customer has gotten this far, the last thing you want to do is scare them off before they make the payment.
- Track Your Data – you shouldn’t start selling until you have a way to record the results. Otherwise you are just shooting in the dark.
- Don’t Give Up – so many times, we have seen people who get overwhelmed or discouraged by the Internet. That’s one of the reasons Sunlight Media LLC is here to help you. Any time you feel like giving up, take a deep breath, and remember that if other business owners who are not IT experts can be successful online, so can you. Don’t hesitate to call us at (323) 868 3851 if you have any questions.
Without further ado, here is our How To Build Your Online Store infographic!
- Web Design Services
- WordPress Designer
- Terms of Service
- Should you move your website to WordPress? [Infographic]
- Our first Meetup Event – On-Site Search Engine Optimization 9/29/16
- Sunlight Media is a Top LA Web Designer, Says Research Firm Clutch
- Design Services
- Current Web Design Trends For Better User Experience
- ReveLAtion LA: Online Stores & Physical Appearances
- Did you just launch a new website? The ultimate guide on what to do next.
- Sunlight Media Delivers According to Research Firm Clutch
- Learning Up-sells, Cross-sells & Related products in Magento
- Sunlight Media ranked as top Los Angeles app developer
- The Best 5 WordPress Plugins of 2018
- Sunlight Media wins 2018’s Top Software Developers in the US
- Key Strategies To Establishing Your Online Fashion Brand
- Backup WordPress: How to backup up your WordPress website (2018 Update)
- A look at Google Chrome’s New Security Update for 2017
- Entrepreneurship in Today’s World
- Magento Developer
- Hottest Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Trends in 2017
- WordPress FAQ