Are you aware that a typical consumer in the United States spends five hours on mobile devices every day? While that’s an impressive figure, there’s a statistic that’s even more eye-opening for people in app development. And that stat is that consumers spend 92 percent of the time they’re online using a mobile device in apps. Of that time, about 50 percent of it is spent in social, messaging and entertainment apps, thanks in part to the communitainment trend.
With people spending so much time using apps, the question many businesses are trying to answer is whether they should develop a mobile app or rely on a website that’s optimized for mobile. In many instances, the answer is to have a mobile app and a mobile-optimized website.
Reasons to Have an App for Your Business
If you think apps are limited to large, established brands, think again. Businesses of all sizes in every imaginable industry can benefit from having an app in addition to their mobile-oriented website. In fact, a well-designed, user-friendly app may prove to be one of your most powerful marketing tools regardless of how big or small your organization is.
When consumers download an app, it’s within view every time they use the mobile device they added the app to. Even if they’re not going to use your app at the moment, they’ll see the icon that represents your brand on their screens. This means your brand will be in their thoughts even if they scroll past your app in search of a different one.
Being constantly visible to consumers is a great thing because it means your brand is in the minds of consumers, even if it’s only in their subconscious. In addition to keeping your brand visible, having an app can provide more significant benefits. Here are a few of them:
- Increases Brand Recognition: It’s only natural that your brand recognition will increase when your brand is always in the conscious or subconscious areas of your customers’ minds. This is what’s known as “effective frequency.” In general, a person has to see or hear about your brand around 20 times before they recognize your brand and feel comfortable buying your goods or services. When your app is on someone’s screen, it won’t take long for the person to see your brand 20 times or more.
- Creates a Digital Marketing Channel: An app enables you to provide anyone who downloads it with all the information they want about your business and your goods or services at the exact moment they want it. You can use push notifications to send personalized messages about your sales and promotions, which can lead to direct interactions with your customers.
- Provides Greater Value: You can entice people to download and use your app by using it to provide greater value for them. Consider establishing a rewards program that gives people bonus points simply for downloading your app. When people use your app to make a purchase or they complete another desirable action like sharing your content on social media, you should give them more points they can redeem through your application. You can also create promotions or contests that are only available to people who use your app.
- Improves Engagement: If people can use your app to send you messages, it can greatly enhance the way you engage with them. If you run a pet grooming shop or a salon, your customers can send you messages to make appointments. Similarly, people can send messages about their reservations if you operate a restaurant or hotel. If you have an app made for your doctor’s office, your patients can use your app to make appointments and ask questions about their health status or test results.
- Differentiates Your Business from Competitors: Despite the wide use of applications, it’s still rare for a small or midsize business to have an app of their own. This presents a fantastic opportunity for you to differentiate your organization from its competitors by being the first, or one of the first, in your niche to have an app.
Choosing an App Developer Partner
If you’re going to have an app made, you should know that, while price is an important factor for many organizations when they’re choosing an app developer, it’s far from the only thing you should consider. You also need to think about whether a developer will work with you if you want to make revisions to your application.
When you choose Sunlight Media as your app development partner, you’re getting just that – a partner that’s committed to the success of your application. We know that even if you have a clear idea of how you want your app to look and function, the odds are good that changes will be necessary after a prototype is completed.
We’ll work with you until your app is exactly the way you want it to be. It doesn’t matter if your app needs one minor change or multiple comprehensive revisions, we’ll handle them all. At Sunlight Media, we’re not satisfied until our clients are happy with the end result we produce. That’s why we’re willing to make an unlimited number of revisions to every application we develop for our valued clients.
Our Recent App Development Projects
As you’ll see when you look through our app development portfolio, we’ve created custom apps for an assortment of businesses in an array of industries. Here are some recent examples of our work:
- Hawil: Today, many people rely on the Internet to request, make and receive payments. Hawil is a user-friendly, intuitive app that makes it easy and convenient to do all those things on a mobile device like a smartphone. Safe and secure, Hawil is a great alternative to payment processors like PayPal.
- Health Calculator Pro: If you’re a health nut or you’re just looking for an easy way to monitor your progress toward a health goal, you’ll love the Health Calculator Pro app we created. This handy application combines six individual health calculators into one app, making it a cinch to monitor your health.
- Daily Horoscopes and Astrology: If you enjoy keeping up with your horoscope, this app is for you. You can use this app to check out your daily, weekly, monthly and annual horoscope and pick up some interesting information about astrology as you do so.
If you’d like to learn more about our app development process and see additional examples of our work, we invite you to contact Sunlight Media. We look forward to creating a sought-after app for your business soon!